Scope of courthouse demolition extended

By Kari Dequine Harden
 
The back three walls of the original Pointe a la Hache Courthouse are coming down, after having withstood more than a century of hurricanes, floods, and fire. “After the demolition of the later additions for the courthouse it was discovered that the original walls adjacent to those additions were far more compromised than anticipated without past documentation on how the additions were constructed,” according to Architect Stephen Braquet, AIA, NCARB VP-Director of Architecture at Linfield, Hunter, & Junius, Inc.
 

Plaquemines Gazette

7962 Hwy 23
P.O. Box 700
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Phone: 504-392-1619
Fax: 504-392-7526